Serving MB, SK, AB & ON for over 40 years!
Village Enterprises Limited (VEL) is a private, locally owned, Manitoba high voltage electrical service company that offers more. VEL is proud to have served Manitoba business for over 40 years. Located near Winnipeg, we supply, install and service all types of customer owned high voltage apparatus, overhead power line and underground cable. We also install overhead and underground communication and fiber-optic cables, underground conduit and pipe as well as offering directional drilling and trenching.
Our years of experience allow us to offer dynamic solutions to efficiently repair, maintain and upgrade all of your electrical needs at competitive rates. We also offer 24-hour on-call and service contracts to many of our customers.
VEL has the qualified people, the equipment and the material to consult and support design/build projects, effectively maintain high voltage systems and offer 24-hour emergency repair services.
We also liaise with local utilities and other contractors from pre-project planning through construction, testing and commissioning of the system.
We encourage customers to involve us early in the project. We offer an initial free consultation that will save them time and money.
Our services include the following:
- New power line from primary metering installations (customer owned transformation)
- Utility Pole repairs, replacement and new – wood and galvanized
- Structural wooden pole installations (i.e.: auger supports, recreation use, cameras, antennae)
- Fibre Optic Cable Installations, overhead and underground.
- Overhead and underground system upgrades or additions (transformers, fusing, switches, conductor)
- Sub-station installation, upgrades, maintenance and emergency repairs
- Sub –Station Construction Officer – Guide contractor work force, pre-project analysis ( manpower scheduling, equipment for installation of steel structures, apparatus, bus pipe, bus wire, commissioning)
- Cable splicing and terminations up to 35kV class systems
- Communication line installations (overhead and underground with multi-conductor and fiber optic cable)
- Anchor and guy installation (PISA helical screw anchors, plate anchors, temporary ballast anchors)
- Gang operated switch maintenance, cleaning, testing
- Insulator cleaning and inspection
- Pole Checks with overhead system inspection and reports (conductor, hardware, and cross-arms)
- Directional drilling (boring/pushing), trenching and plowing for underground installations
- Steel and concrete pole installations with/without bases (poured, precast and steel screw bases)
- Lighting repairs, upgrades and installation (LED lighting)
- Transformer replacements, pad mount, pole mount, substation
- Engineering services
VEL has a long list of large and small customers.
We support consulting, projects, maintenance and emergency repair services for commercial, industrial, government and agricultural business.
VEL works with our customers to provide cost effective, practical solutions for their unique needs including facility upgrades, new installations and system maintenance.
Our broad customer base includes a wide variety of clients which include rail lines, petroleum suppliers, provincial utility companies, mining and aerospace operations, chemical companies, environmental services, provincial infrastructure, universities, manufacturers and numerous electrical contractors.